Selecting the Right Child Care Center
Choosing child care can be stressful for parents. Little Eggs makes the decision making process easier. Selecting a child care center is one of the most important decisions parents have to make. Parents want to select a center that meets high quality care and nurturing for child development. Little Eggs goes above and beyond the standards required for safety, education and nurturing.
Physical Center (Indoor and Outdoor)
- Is the center safe and secure?
- Are the toys and materials sufficient for the number of children in the classroom and developmentally appropriate for the age groups?
- Are there obvious hazards such as dangerous substances, electrical cords, uncovered electrical outlets, cleaning materials or medications accessible to children?
- Is the outdoor play equipment sturdy and in good condition?
- Are the teachers interacting with the children while on the playground?
- Does the children have an opportunity to experience outside learning and free play?
- Are there sufficient learning centers in each classroom: art, library, dramatic play, science, etc.?
- Is there a curriculum?
Interaction between Staff/Children/Parents
- Are there enough teachers for the number of children in the classroom?
- Are children allowed to make choices throughout the day?
- Do the children seem occupied and engaged by their activities?
- Are teachers handling conflict among the children in a positive manner?
- Is there a daily method of communication between the teacher and parents?
- Are parents encouraged to drop in and visit at any time?
- Does the center serve nutritious meals/snacks?
- Are parents encouraged to participate and be involved?
- Does the center enroll children with special needs?